January 5, 2008
My exciting Saturday night!

This is how i spent my time this Saturday afternoon! My best bud came over and we made vegetable purees. We both have the book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld and so we wanted to give it a go. I got almost 2 lbs. of carrots, a little over 4 lbs. each of cauliflower and broccoli and we washed, peeled, chopped, steamed and pureed. It only took us about 1 and a half hours. We ended up with 14.5 cups of puree, put into 1 cup servings. We divided the servings although I had her take most of it because she has 3 kids and a hubby. We are going to use it in the next couple days or we will freeze it. I cannot wait to use it. We both agreed that it didn't take a lot of work to do this and we love that we'll be getting more veggies and fruit if we keep this up.
You steam them until just tender and the colors are nice and vibrant. Aren't the colors pretty?
This is a Foliage hat that I made last night. I got some Bernat Alpaca at Michael's the other day and it's pretty nice yarn. 30% Alpaca and pretty soft. I enjoyed this quick knit.
I don't think I've ever posted a pic of our dog Rufus. Isn't he pretty?! He was my Dad's dog and he's an outside dog. He's actually happier outside. He's a lab and chow mix, has a spotted tongue and really is a good dog. But he was mistreated before we got him and he's always been very skittish. He has to learn to trust you and then he's the sweetest thing. Mamacita let him come in for a bit and she took this pic, but he's really not comfortable in the house anymore.

I got my hair done today. Cut and colored. If I won the lottery I would have her do my hair every couple days because it's so relaxing to me. When they wash your hair and then when they blow dry your hair, oh, I love it.

Labels:






3 Comments:

Oh my gosh! That hat is soooo cute? If I send you yarn & $$ will you make me one? (Or 2!) :D
Also, I need to know- how do you use the veggie puree. It does look yummy, and healthful.

Blogger ~Molly~ said...

Cool about the pureed! I saw that book at BAM and *almost* got it but didn't. Sigh.

Today I got back on my WW program. Back in early September we went to visit my parents and I got off track, when we came home I got really burned out on counting points(I do the online version) so I just quit doing it. Now that things are settled down a bit I've decided to give it my attention again. I did lose about 18 pounds but gained 7 back so I know it works(if I do it). My mom started the week after I did and has lost about 29 pounds so it kinda chaps me that I lost focus.

Anyway, lovely hat and even lovelier dog! He's a sweetie!!

Molly

Blogger Unknown said...

OH I love to get my hair done, especially the shampoo...too poor for that. Sounds like you had a very productive weekend. Cute dog.

Okay, I am begging my pals for a bit of help today and this week. I entered a poetry contest, part of my writing goal, and am asking you pop here: http://wannabeawritersomeday.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-am-entering-poetry-contest-yikes-and.html and if you like what you read, think about following the link at the end of the post and voting for me.
Thanks a bunch.
Your pal, Penelope

Post a Comment

<< Home