June 15, 2008
Dad's Day


Happy Father's Day to you and all the Dad's you are celebrating today. I picked up Gary this morning after getting some flowers and some fluorescent paint. We went over to the cemetery and after asking for help finding my Dad's grave, we did find it and I marked it. Now I'll have to go often to keep it marked until we get his headstone. Long story, why it's not there yet, but it will be soon. We felt better finding the grave. There were a lot of people at the cemetery.
Then after the cemetery we went to the bird sanctuary near our house and what a find, we had a nice little walk on a paved walkway, saw wildflowers in bloom, heard the birds chirping, saw lots of fat little lizards, and squirrels. It was nice. This is Miss Queenie! My friend Susan's cat and I fell in love with her. She is just an adorable sweetie Manx, with a cute little stubby tail. And she has a milk mustache, it's the cutest marking I've seen. Anyway, I wanted to take her home with me, but I'm sure they'd miss her too much and she's helping Susan recuperate from a broken leg.

I'm finished one of the Bayerische socks but I'm having really back one sock syndrome. The pattern is enjoyable but quite detailed and I just couldn't cast on the 2nd sock. I needed a diversion, so I started another pair of socks! It's Embossed Leaves Socks from Favorite Socks by Interweave book. I'm enjoying the knitting and and it's going quick. I think I'll finish this pair and then the 2nd Bayerische.

Labels: ,






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home