June 21, 2008
Holy Blazes!

I got my hair cut and colored today. When I picked up my Mamacita at the airport last week, she mentioned that my "hair looks awful"...thanks Mom. I missed you too. But I was in bad need of a cut and color and I'm very happy with it. These are the Embossed Leaves Socks that I finished, they are for Mamacita. Perhaps she'll let me wear them some time. I really enjoyed this pattern. It took me 4 days to finish, not knitting non-stop, so it was a pretty quick knit.
I immediately started another pair of socks called Waving Lace Socks from the Favorite Socks book. It's the cover socks and this is a fun pair to knit too. I think it was so worth getting this book, there are many sock patterns I'm interested in knitting and so far, the two pairs I have made are a success.

We are roasting here people. It was 100 degrees in the shade of our patio at about 3 pm. Last night while watching the 11 pm news, they were saying that it was still in the 90's in some cities at that time! I slept with the windows open and the ceiling fan blaring. There is not a lot of relief during the day. I think our neighbor who is in her 80's was going to go stay at her daughter's house today, because they have AC. I'm glad, because I was worried about her. I went to her house the other day to help her with something and was in her house for 5 minutes and left dripping wet. She had a stationary fan near her chair but it wasn't on. I told Mom I worried about her.

I'm going to Las Vegas on Monday! It's a quick trip. Four of us girls are going for the night and Tuesday a.m. we'll see The View! Then we're headed home, so a quick trip but it'll be nice to get away.

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home