June 7, 2008
I have a FO...

I finished these Firestarter socks last night and after having to try and knit them on 3 different sets of needles, I found the right gauge and they are now done. It only took me 6 months, with the other projects interrupting.

Whatcha think?

The details:

Pattern: Firestarter by Yarnissima

Yarn: Mountain Irises Sock and Shawl yarn by Francis Patrick Yarn Sales

Needles: Size US0 16" circulars

I love them! So happy with them. This is my 5th pair started and completed this year. I think my next pair of socks is going to be the Bayerische. Aren't they beautiful? I can't wait to get into the cables but not using the cable needle which the Firestarter introduced me to.

I got my Saucy Spring swap socks in the mail, actually 3 days early before the deadline. So there! Mitchypoo did something early! I did not procrastinate and give myself anxiety. Yeah me! So I should have a package coming with my pair of socks...I can't wait to see them. I've never had a pair of socks made for me before.

Have you heard the news? Knit picks has something very intriguing available. I already placed my order and it's started to be talked about all over the blogosphere and Ravelry. I think it just became available within this last week to order. It's called Sock Blanks and it's a knit piece of fabric, double knit, and white/plain and then you can purchase dyes or use your own or use kool aid to dye the yarn and create your own sock yarn in your very own custom colors and patterns. I purchased green and pink dye to create a Knitting and Losing colorway, similar to my blog colors. I love pink and green together. I cannot wait to dye. And then you knit socks 2 at a time from the fabric. It's similar to the recent offering of Flat Feet which is already dyed, but frankly it's more affordable and I love that I can dye my own, and create the colors I want. So much for my moratorium on not spending money on yarn... I've improved, but I haven't totally reformed I guess.

I had a talk with my boss yesterday and it made me very nervous but it was something that had to be done. And I did well expressing my views and we'll see what happens. I went to work knowing that if I had this talk he'd either listen to me or get mad and fire me, not that it'd be justified, but you never know. So I still have a job.

Labels:






1 Comments:

Blogger Jadielady said...

They're beautiful! I'm just turning my heel on my 2nd sock.
I love some of the sock patterns, but I'm terrified of cables.

For the knitpicks, do you dye the fabric and then basically frog it and use the yarn? Awesome!

Post a Comment

<< Home