June 3, 2008

It's been a while since I've posted, over a week which is a long time for me. I just haven't been feeling it lately. Not sure why. It's almost my 3 year blogiversary and I'm now questioning the time I devote to this. It does take some time to program certain things, and to download and upload pics, to write a post and edit. And maybe what I'm questioning is the value I place on posting. I've found myself dissapointed when it feels like no one is reading. And then I say that I'm not doing this for readers (although I love you, my online friends) I'm doing this for me.

So anyway... this is what we did Memorial Day weekend.

I have to give you the recipe because these ribs were so great and simple to make! And the credit for the recipe goes to Mrs. Koretoff, my best bud's Mamacita. This is a keeper.

BBQ Ribs

Par boil the ribs in a large pot of boiling water. When they come back to a boil, boil for 10-15 minutes. Take out and drain.

In a bowl, mix 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and 1/2 bottle of teriyaki Baste and Glaze, not teriyaki sauce.

Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil, put a little oil on the foil. Then baste ribs with the teriyaki/bbq sauce mix. Cook covered for 1 hour. The last 15 minutes, baste again and take off tin foil cover.

Very simple and fall off the bone tender.

We also made great new potatoes...here's the recipe that we got from Giada Di Laurentiis and Everyday Italian. Click here for the recipe.



Are these not beautiful roses?! They are from Mamacita's garden, she very much loves her roses and when my Aunt Angie was out she helped her prune and feed all the roses and they are now just exploding with roses. It's so fun to come home and see what is blooming, what has changed.

And now for some knitting...

This is a clapotis shawl I made using Francis Patrick Worsted in the Red Rocks color way. I love the color variations. I still have to weave the ends in and now it's too warm to wear, but I have put it on at night while veging, it's like a soft comfy blanket that comforts you.This is a pair of socks I did for the Spring Saucy Swap and will be getting in the mail today to my partner. I hope she likes them and I hope they fit, she seems to have a small foot.

And this is another clapotis, but in a smaller version. It's between a scarf and a shawl. I used Malabrigo Worsted in the Cuarzo colorway. I had been given 2 skeins in a swap about 2 years ago and wanted to find the perfect project for it, and this was it but then I really needed another skein so I found it online and these great people found a skein that matched really really well. I wish I could remember where I got it because they were great.

And I'm also working on socks again, a pair of Firestarters using Francis Patrick sock yarn and I love this yarn so much but had trouble finding the gauge, so this 3rd attempt is really working out.

Labels: ,






2 Comments:

Blogger Jadielady said...

I just wanted to say I really enjoy your blog posts (though your sheep just scared the poo out of me, I had my volume all the way up) :)
I love your socks and both your clapotis... clapotises?

Blogger Lisa Cobler said...

Those roses are beautiful!

Post a Comment

<< Home