August 22, 2008
Wine Cake

Someone wanted to know what a wine cake is, because I mentioned that Mamacita was baking one and the smell of it was killing me. Killing me because it made me hungry and because she was taking it in to work today for her coworkers. Well, there was a little left over and so I got a small slice of it today. This smells like butter when it's baking and there is no butter in it. It is so simple to make and people enjoy it. Give it a try, and if you do, please let me know how you and others enjoyed it.

Wine Cake
1 yellow cake mix
1 small vanilla instant pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup dry Sherry
4 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Mix all of the above in a mixer or with a portable mixer for 5 minutes and pour into a tube/bundt/angel food cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Cool for about 15 minutes in pan, use a knife on the inside and outside edges to loosen and flip onto a plate or serving platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when completely cool.

Labels:






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds really easy and good. I'll have to try that at Christmas time.

Post a Comment

<< Home