October 7, 2008
"My intent is to reach a critical mass of people with the message of personal and social transformation." - Deepak Chopra

One of my new favorite sites is The Chopra Center. There is so much great information available. My dream is to someday go to one of his retreats. I'm reading his book right now, Perfect Health, and it's very interesting. It's got so much great information and is a great introduction to Ayurveda. I love it because the more I find out about Ayurveda, the more I like it. It's a natural way of life and it makes so much sense to go back to nature.
Today we went to the funeral of my cousin's MIL. Her husband's Mom and she was a nice lady and I really like her son, my cousin's husband. She was laid to rest in the beautiful rocky hills of Apple Valley, it was a nice service. I've never seen this before but part of the service was the letting go of white doves while they had the song Wings Beneath Your Wings playing. The grandchildren all had doves and let them go. It was really beautiful and symbolic. And my Mamacita, she had to ask after the services if the doves would be OK or what? She was thanked for asking because they are homing pigeons or doves and would return to their home and she appreciated that someone cared about that. She also said that her husband told her that if no one asked that question, that she had to buy him a steak dinner, and now she did not need to do that!
It was nice to see family I haven't seen in a while, but too bad it had to be for a sad occasion.

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home