December 10, 2008
"Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divinity" - Swami Vivekananda

I hope you are enjoying this holiday season. Here's our tree. We went with red and gold this year and I really love it, I love the red poinsettias and the gold garland. We have some lovely glass gold and red balls hanging on the tree. It looks rich and lush to me and it makes me happy!
Tom seems to like it too!
I've had a hard time getting my blogging mojo back. Seems I'd have no problem with having so much time available now. I was thinking why it's been hard to keep up and I could go thru a whole slew of excuses, but really it's not important why. I had an email from a dear friend who said she looked forward to reading my blog. Surprised me, pleasantly and I'd like to post more. It's a creative outlet for me and so I should really try to do it more often.
I am hosting a holiday postcard swap and there are 22 people involved in it. I am making my postcards and I'm heading for a deadline, so I hope to get them done today.
Yesterday I made a batch of peanut brittle, so that means that it is truly Christmas time for our family. It came out well, it's one of those recipes that once you know what you are doing, it's fail proof.
I have been feeling so so. I've been drinking tea of feverfew every day to try to combat my headaches and migraines and I do think it is helping. I've had some sinus headaches, but I haven't had a migraine lately. I'm still going to acupuncture and that is continuing to help my overall health. I've also lost 30 lbs. now and I'm really happy about that.
I still haven't finished my alpaca February Lady Sweater. I need to finish knitting the arms and then weave ends in and do the buttons. I started a pair of socks but ran into a problem and had to frog and there it sits.

Labels: ,






3 Comments:

Blogger Peri said...

Tree and kitty both look lovely.

Blogger kc_froglady said...

your tree does look wonderful! This year we went with a theme also blue and silver/white It was fun to do! Our cats also love the tree and with present sunder it a new place to hide LOL! (swap-bot)

Oooh homemade peanut brittle is the best! :D
Happy New Year!!

Post a Comment

<< Home