December 24, 2008
Merry Christmas!


We just had a lovely dinner. Homemade Mama's lasagna, garlic bread and salad. Mamacita made us a dirty martini before dinner too and boy were we ready for a nice cocktail.

We spent the day trying to put together an Ikea bed for my brother whose bed broke last week. I woke up last weekend to a loud thump and turns out my brothers bed frame which is over 40 years old finally gave way and it didn't seem fixable to Mamacita and me so we bought another one. Easy peasy right, Ikea is great. Ya, great! I think I hate Ikea. I may like the items they have, and the prices, but I do not like the maze they make you go thru to find what you want. Oh, but there are shortcuts, they say. Ya, but if you don't know where you are going, those aren't shortcuts. So we walked thru the whole friggin store to finally find bed frames. And then, you have to go downstairs and find your own crap and then another maze to find the checkout.

Then we tackled putting the stupid thing together this morning and I ended up sweaty, irritated, bloody, and my back went out. I think we only have 3 more screws to tackle and put the base boards in and then make the bed.
My best friend's Father passed away yesterday and my heart just breaks for her and the family. From the time he knew he had cancer, it was 6 weeks and he was gone. Very aggressive. The timing really stinks, but when would be a good time? It was the day after his wife's birthday, I think he tried to wait until after that. He was a really nice man and I have good memories of him. He was handsome and had a full head of hair still and did not go gray. He always wore Van's tennis shoes and he loved to tell stories. He liked to dance with his daughter at parties and he also played the saxophone.
So it's a great time and it's also a sad time.

Enjoy your loved ones, tell them you love them, even if it feels odd for you, put yourself out there and tell people what they mean to you.

I hope you have a blessed holiday season!

Labels: ,






1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. I am Shannon aka RetroChik from Swap-Bot. I added myself to you Blog Log.

Sounds like you had a great Christmas Eve dinner. I love lasagna.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's father. My aunt passed away from breast cancer in 2001. It is a horrible disease.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home