April 2, 2009

I got new glasses!
I was in sore need of glasses. My old pair had a prescription from over 15 years ago and they were just dog ugly. I would only wear them at home. I found a great deal at Lenscrafter's, they still are having a sale on 1/2 off the lenses and I need progressive lenses so all of that was 50% off. They have a 90 day no interest payment too so that helped me. I'm just thrilled. I thought it might take some adjusting to wearing progressive lenses but it's really been no big deal. They are comfortable and I can see!

So today I went and got my hair done! I needed a cut and color really badly. And I'm going on a trip to see my Honey on Monday so I needed to look and feel my best.

Headaches and migraines have been A LOT better. I made it through a whole menstrual cycle without a migraine. That is a big improvement for me. I feel it's because of the acupuncture and ayurveda but I'm sure the glasses may help too although I've only had them for 2 days.

On the knitting front, I've been crocheting these really cool Origami Hot Pads. It's hard to explain, but you start with a chain and then you knit around and end up with a sort of envelope and then you fold it, crochet the circle holder and then sew it down the center and that's it. I love it because it's a 2 sided cloth and so simple, a satisfying quick project.


I'll try to post when I get back home and show you some pics from South Carolina!

Labels:






2 Comments:

Anonymous Ada said...

I'll have to try that pattern sometime. It looks great.
Lovely new look you have there. Have fun on your trip

Blogger TeaMouse said...

Nice glasses - I'm in need of a new pair, it's truly amazing how fast the styles change.

Post a Comment

<< Home