December 31, 2009
Good Riddance 2009!


All in all, i'm happy to see this year done and over with. I'm optimistic that 2010 will be a better year. And in trying to be positive I'll list some good things that happened in 2009 instead of focusing on the negative.
  • We got a new President.
  • My cousin's first born was reunited with her and the family. I was so happy to see him again.
  • This boy/man and his lovely wife had a baby boy, their first born in July!
  • I made some new friends, both real and virtual.
  • I finally opened my etsy shop. (Although I haven't sold anything.)
  • I finally was able to resolve my stomach issues thanks to Ayurveda and Eleni.
  • I had lots of knitting time.
  • I fell in love again with the library.
  • I made efforts to be healthier. (Although I have to start up again).

This list should be longer shouldn't it? It probably is but I can't think of all the good things that happened this year.

I don't like being out during New Years Eve. I'm afraid of drunks and people on the road after being in a car accident on New Years Eve years ago. I'm perfectly happy enjoying a nice evening at home. We have a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc chilling. I'll use some of it in my preparation of shrimp fettucine. I got some fresh basil to use in it tonight. It's pretty easy to make and I was hungry for it. We also have a bottle of Korbel waiting for us. And for dessert I got a peach pie that is baking now and we'll have Vanilla ice cream with that.

No resolutions. But I do have things I want to work on. Small goals. The two I keep thinking about is that I want to keep trying to live healthier, with my diet, with what medicine I put in my body, with exercise. I want to be more active, I want to really take care of myself and my body. The other one is odd but I want to wear skirts more this year. Truth is, not sure I've worn a skirt even once in 2009. That is partially because I'm not working, but even for everyday wear I want to wear skirts.

2010 is going to be a good year. I feel it in my bones! Happy New Year to you!






1 Comments:

That is a perfectly respectable list! And I don't do resolution - haven't for years. Rather, I dream dreams, act on them, and they become "real" to me. Sometimes to others too. :)

2010 blessings to you and yours! Peace.

Post a Comment

<< Home