February 9, 2010
Being Bodacious: Chapter 2


This is the second week for the new Meme by Janey. It's surprising again how focusing on yourself sometimes is uncomfortable to do. For me it seems to bring up some not so good memories. Especially this week. And even though it's brought up unpleasant memories it has reminded me how I was able to move on and that is a positive. Here is our topic this week. Oh, please come and join us. Go to Janey's blog for all the details on Being Bodacious and please leave me a comment if you read this. I will visit you too.
So, my bodacious sistahs – this week, we all want to know what your personal theme song is… and why you chose it. Why it speaks to you and for you. How it makes you feel.




A Broken Wing
by Martina Mc Bride

She loved like he was the last man on earth.
Gave him everything she ever had.
He'd break her spirit down,then come lovin' up on her.
Give a little, then take it back.
She'd tell him about her dreams- he'd just shoot'em down.
Lord, he loved to make her cry.
You're crazy for believing you'll ever leave the ground.
He said only angels know how to fly

And with a broken wing,she still sings.
She keeps an eye on the sky.
With a broken wing, she carries her dreams.
Man,you ought to see her fly.

One Sunday morning, she didn't go to church.
He wondered why she didn't leave.
He went up to her bedroom, found a note by the window, with the curtains blowing in the breeze.

And with a broken wing,she still sings.
She keeps an eye on the sky.
With a broken wing, she carries her dreams.
Man,you ought to see her fly.





I chose this song because I remember a time when I was in the car and this song was playing. It maybe wasn't the first time that I heard the song, but it was the first time I HEARD it. I mean I really heard the lyrics and it became personal.

The song is sad is a lot of ways. My story isn't so tragic. Well actually, that is me minimizing my own truth. Truth is, some is very tragic. I've had some hard times. The point is that I was able to go on. That's the positive and uplifting part. I had a broken wing, I still sing, i keep an eye on the sky and I can fly.

This is many women's truth. Isn't it? Sometimes we don't know we have it in us to go on, but even then, somehow we find the strength and we do go on. Women rock! I love Being Bodacious!

Labels:






3 Comments:

Anonymous karin said...

Wow, that is a great song. I think it's a perfect theme song because it tells how even though you may be broken, you still continue to fight and try to soar.

I love your choice!

Blogger Becster said...

I love it! Similar to mine about choosing where to go in life and being in control of your destiny.

:)

Anonymous Cylithria said...

Fantastic Song and amazing lady who shared it. Thank you sweetie :) You are utterly bodacious!

Post a Comment

<< Home