June 2, 2010
Gall Bladder Attack

Sunday I had what I am almost sure was a gall bladder attack. I went to see my brother that afternoon but before going it was almost 2 pm and I hadn't eaten anything so I stopped for a quick burger. It seems that automatically after eating that I started feeling like I had bad indigestion. By the time I got to Gary's it felt like my bra was too tight, I was having chest pain, burping and feeling like I needed to burp. It was not fun. I was sitting and trying to visit, but I was so uncomfortable I had to leave. I drove home trying to burp and find some relief. I ripped my bra off once I got home and I tried a omeprazole, which is like Prilosec. I tried some tums and later some Maalox but nothing seemed to help. Then I started plurking and well meaning plurk pals started mentioning that it could be heart problems or gall bladder problems. I was feeling so awful that this scared the bejeebus out of me. I don't have health insurance and I'm unemployed. So no...I can not be really sick. I have to have indigestion and it'll soon pass. Right?

It did not pass and friends were telling me that if it didn't get better within 2 hours that I should go to the ER. I was getting really scared and thinking I was having a heart attack, but then i started reading about the gall bladder and what an attack is like here. And once I read some of the symptoms, I'm about 95% sure it was a gall bladder attack. And a mild one at that although while suffering w/the indigestion and pain it didn't seem so mild. Some others said they went thru it and that it was a doubling over crying pain, and my pain was not that severe.

I finally took 1 tsp. of baking soda in about a cup of water and that made me really feel better. Enough better to consider going to bed that evening and not thinking that I was going to have to go to the ER. I didn't sleep well that night. I was uncomfortable and was dreaming a lot, but when I woke up, I felt much better. I started juicing yesterday. I made a juice of celery, beet and carrot. Not bad and beets are suppose to help flush your liver and hopefully if I have any bile ducts blocked it can help. I juiced again the next morning too and I'm looking into a gall bladder friendly diet which means no coffee, no pork, low fat and certain kinds of fat, no beans, no dairy.

I got some flax seeds and I'm going to make a tea out of it. I hope it doesn't taste like dog piss.

So I'm thinking this is the universe telling me that I HAVE to change my diet to something more healthy. I'm terrified of eating something too fatty and having another attack. I guess whatever works. I like to eat healthy, but get so lazy and was getting back to old habits and eating too much fast food but that has now stopped suddenly and maybe that's the best way.

I better lose the weight now too if I make these changes!

Labels: ,






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home