February 28, 2007
Thursday Thirteen - Edition #2


Thirteen ways to pamper yourself! (Because you are worth it!)
  1. Take a bath. Make it an event with bath salts and bubbles. Use dish soap if you don't have bubble bath. Turn on your favorite soothing music. Light a candle. Use aromatherapy oil or a diffuser. Poor a glass of wine or your favorite beverage.
  2. Make a cup of tea. Try a cup of English Breakfast tea or earl grey or herbal tea is great. Put a little sweetener and milk in it and use your prettiest cup.
  3. Lavish your entire body with a nice smelling lotion. After bathing pamper your skin.
  4. Buy yourself a rose, or a bunch of flowers. This does not have to be expensive, you can get some nice bunches at most grocery stores for $4.99. But enjoy it, put it somewhere where you can see it and enjoy it. Or go outside and pick a flower, it doesn't have to cost a thing.
  5. Enjoy a bite of good chocolate. There are certain properties in chocolate that make you feel good and dark chocolate is even good for you.
  6. Take a walk. Most of us can do this no matter the time or season and it does good to get the blood flowing and to move our bodies. Doesn't have to be a long walk.
  7. Read a book. Take time for you, even if it's just 10 minutes.
  8. Lock the door. It's OK to be by yourself.
  9. Try a new lipstick. Maybe it's a color you haven't worn for awhile or not sure you like. Try it again. Try a new red shade!
  10. Go get a pedicure. Worth every penny!
  11. Journal. Write down your thoughts for the day, or write a poem. Write all the things that you are grateful for.
  12. Give yourself a facial. Take that extra time to thoroughly wash your face and then do a mask and relax for 20 minutes. Follow-up with your toner and moisturizer and eye cream and put on some lip gloss.
  13. Pet your pup or scratch your kitty. Animals give us so much back, take a little time to be with them.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Raggedy
2. Read, Write, and Dream
3. Amy's Random Thoughts
4. chicken-scratch.ca
5. Welcome to the Sanctum Santorum
6. Dragonheart's Domain
7. Babysteps
8. hello, self
9. Wackymommy.org
10. A Knight's Lady
11. The Mis-Adventures of Captain Poopy
12. Heidi's Kitchen
13. Title Deleted
14. Who's Yo Mama
15. the witch doctor is in
16. Daddy's Roses
17. (leave your link in comments, and I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:






15 Comments:

Great ways to pamper yourself! I know my mom enjoys all of those! Since I'm a cat, chocolate is poisonous to me, so I avoid it.

Happy T13. :)

Blogger Carina said...

I'm all for the bubble baths. When my toddlers are too much, my husband watches them for me and I go soak in the bath with a good book and a root beer with crushed ice. Bliss!

Blogger el-e-e said...

Wonderful list! I don't care for tea, but maybe in my prettiest cup, which never gets used, it would taste better... will have to try that! :)

Blogger Maven said...

Hey there... great list. I've put you in my bookmarks. I've got a fiber blog in addition to my "regular" blog... Looking forward to exploring your blog. Hope you have pics of projects you're working on!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! You know I needed that list today.

Blogger Lady G~ said...

What a wonderful list! I don't care for tea or coffee, but I LOVE teacups and the "art" of tea. :o) Soooo, I usually put coke or pink lemonade in my tea cups. ;o)

I have to honestly say, that I do take the time to pamper myself. Sometimes I feel guilty but then I realize that I need to be my best for me and for those I love. ;o)

Hope you have a blessed Thursday!
http://aknightslady.blogspot.com/

Blogger Christie O. said...

great list!! especially the bathtime. music, candles, giant glas of wine, i just love it! thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesomw list, I'am all about the chocolate, books, flowers and walk.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful list - and good timing!

I'm not so much a lipstick or facials-person, but when I'm feeling silly, I'll paint my nails. Usually some odd color, like metallic blue or copper with glitter in.

When the weather's nice, I'll make a cup of coffee, let my cats out on the patio, and sit and drink while watching the birds and the greenery. (So, selfishly, I'm hoping that it doesn't rain or hail again this weekend...)

Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, you are a woman after my own heart! So funny, I came here after I wrote mine, and thought, "Hey... didn't I just read something else very similar?" ;) While mine is 13 things I do to fall asleep, there's some overlap between our lists. :)

Thanks for coming to tell me the TT is still on! Yeah, yeah. :)

Rachel

Here's my T13 -- 13 Things I Do to Help Me Fall Asleep

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I all for the bubble baths, reading a book, getting a pedicure - SIGH, I wish I had time for more of those good things. Thanks for stopping by my posting, see you next week. Have a great weekend, XINE

Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Mahalo for your visit! Hey...all your 13 suggestions I go right along with!!! Pampering---YES!

Blogger Lexa Roséan said...

http:thewitchdrisin.blogspot.com
The Witch Dr is IN

great list :)

Blogger Joan said...

Good ideas. And the busiest of us needs to pamper herself occasionally. Life is meant to be lived, not just survived. I am 100% in favor of LIVING.

Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting. I am glad to have found yours.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely all great ways to pamper yourself. I haven't been doing enough for myself lately. Thanks for the reminder!

Post a Comment

<< Home