March 8, 2007
Thursday Thirteen ~ Edition #3


My birthday was yesterday and I had a wonderful day, despite waking up with a headache.
Thirteen Things about why Birthday's are great!
  1. Because my darling cousin Cindy sent me a really cute text message on my phone in the early morning wishing me a happy birthday, including a picture and music!
  2. Because I wore a new outfit that I treated myself to and I feel kind of cute today! Beige Linen wideleg pants, aqua linen button jacket with a belt and these cute off white slip-on's with gold trim. I'm so cute today! heehee
  3. Because my boss brought in a beautiful bouquet of red and yellow tulips and a happy birthday balloon! And she remembered that tulips are my favorite flower.
  4. Because my boss made me a homemade jello cake! And she would not call herself a baker and thinks she messed this one up because the jello set quick, but it's beautiful and I appreciate that she made the effort. It was really good after all too!
  5. Because your best friend calls you and leaves you a message singing Happy Birthday to you....HA HA!
  6. Because your Mamacita leaves you a note in the a.m. saying Happy Birthday Mitchy!
  7. Because Mamacita takes me to dinner at Twin Palms in Pasadena, a place I've wanted to go to for a while and the food is spectacular! Spicy Thai pasta and a pomegranate martini.
  8. Because Mamacita and I split a lovely dessert at the Twin Palms. A chocolate molten cake with real vanilla ice cream.
  9. Because I can choose to celebrate the Anniversary of my 21st Birthday and therefore I am only 21 years old! YAY!
  10. Because my sweet brother gave me a Nordstrom gift certificate! I'm spoiled.
  11. Because my sweet friend Sandy sent me the nicest birthday card.
  12. Because my Mamacita gave me a spa treatment of my choice and some lovely Vera Wang perfume and some Bath and Body Works bath stuff.
  13. Because I am blessed to celebrate my life, all the good, all the bad. I'm alive and wanting to enjoy life.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Labels:






9 Comments:

Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

Jello CAke?! Mmmmmmm! Happy purrthday!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I LOVED your final statement. It's great to be in love with life.

Thanks for stopping by earlier. You are one of the blogs I read regularly too. My TT #5 is up - all about nurturing the writing life with a couple of pix thrown in for good measure. Have a great weekend.

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Blogger Caylynn said...

Happy Birthday! :) It sounds like you had a great day. :) Your boss sounds terrific - a bouquet of tulips is lovely!

As we say in Germany: Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!

Blogger Tink said...

Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like you had a great day indeed.
My TT has 13 cat quotes this week.

Blogger Raggedy said...

Happy Birthday!
Your post was uplifting, happy and fun. I enjoyed it.
Thank you for sharing.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jello cake? What is this? We need the recipe.

Happy belated birthday.

Mammy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a great day :)

Blogger Tori said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great day!

Post a Comment

<< Home