April 5, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #7



Thirteen Embarrassing Moments for Mitchypoo!

Talk about self-sacrifice! But you have to laugh at yourself or what is the point, huh?!

  1. One time when I was in my early 20's I had a date with an ex-Marine. He actually moved out to So. CA from Delaware. We were more friends than anything, but there was romance earlier when we met when I was still in high school. So he came out here to live and he took me out to a nice dinner and then we were going dancing. After dinner which was at a place near my house, I needed to run home and get a coat because it got cold, so we rushed home, I ran in, took a quick pee, got my coat and off we went. He waited for me in the car. I was in a beautiful flowing white dress and the place we went dancing had a coat-check. I gave them my coat and then we proceeded into the nightclub, walked across the whole place and finally a girl came up to me and whispered , "The back of your dress is in your pantyhose!"...
  2. In high school I was tall and gangly, I wore jeans and boots a lot. We were walking between classes and it was raining. I tried to jump over a big puddle and lost my footing and ended up doing the splits, right in the puddle...
  3. In high school I worked at an ice cream place, when making a sundae we always asked if they wanted whip cream, nuts and a cherry. A coworker was telling me a story about a woman who while pregnant listened to Bruce Springsteen and when the baby was born it would cry and cry, until she played Bruce Springsteen. I was helping customers and making a sundae and thinking about this story and instead of saying "Whipped cream, nuts and a cherry?", I said, "Bruce Springsteen?" The look on their faces...
  4. My Mamacita took me to a jewelry mart to buy a ring for me from my parents. A lot of the jewelry owners are foreign and have accents, I liked a ring but wanted to know what the stone was. He said, "Blue topaz", but in a heavy accent...my mother looked at him and in all seriousness said, "What is a bleeeaaauuuh topaaaaauzzz??" I almost died. I elbowed her and said under my breath, "blue topaz"!!
  5. I showed up for a job at a chemical company and it was my first day. I wanted to make a good impression of course, I wore my finest duds including very uncomfortable heels and a slightly tight skirt. So I meet my boss and he decides to take me to one of our customers chemical plants. The problem was, he had one of those big ass trucks...with no side boards. So I just didn't know how I'd get in the thing. I ended up hanging on to one of the upper handles and sideways somehow, almost splitting my skirt, got one foot in and kind of jumped up there. It wasn't graceful, believe me.
  6. When I was married I went through a phase of making everything from scratch and had the bright idea to make salt water taffy. So you boil this sugar mixture to a certain temp. Like 130 degrees or so and then you take it out and then you pull it. Well I had my nephew and hubby there and decided they could pull it, so they are trying to listen to my direction, pull this boiling sugar from each other, BURNING their fingers, looking at me like "what are you doing to me?" and I'm standing there saying, PULL, PULL IT!!! Poor guys.
  7. I've gone on a whole date with something gross in my teeth.
  8. When I was engaged we went away for the weekend and the only dress shoes I brought for dinner was a black and a NAVY shoe... I wore them anyway for dinner.
  9. When I was probably about 12 or 13 I had to make dinner for my Dad and brother while Mom was away for the weekend. I undercooked the spaghetti noodles and they were crunchy. And my brother will not let me forget this, he mentions it every time we have spaghetti.
  10. I dated a guy in high school who's name was Musky.
  11. I once fought a ticket because I was speeding because I had to pee, he stopped me on my street and I had a bladder infection. The judge dismissed it because I think he wanted to shut me up and not tell the whole story!
  12. My dates had to come in and meet my parents. When I was 21 years old my parents gave me a basset hound puppy I named Zachary. A date came to pick me up and Zachary walked over to him and peed on his leg.
  13. I had a first date during the day in Minnesota and it happened to be my birthday. March in MN is usually still icy and snowy. It was a clear sunny day but there were patches of ice. While walking into the restaurant I hit a patch of ice and fell, right on my bum...

I'm sure there are more...how sad is that!?


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels:






20 Comments:

Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

Oh, Mitchypoo, I SOOOOO hope you'll play on the Dorkteenth!
Happy TT!

Blogger YellowRose said...

That was a great TT! We all have those embarrassing moments, thanks for sharing yours! I'm curious, was that date your dog peed on worth it or did your dog have great insight? lol

Happy TT!

Blogger Danielle said...

You really got me going with the salt water taffy.
Happy TT
Enjoy the day

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Thanks for sharing those. It cracked me up. I once called an employee's home to express my sympathy for their relative's death. Turns out the employee had used a ficticious funeral as an excuse to be away from work. I was pretty embarassed.
Li

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great TT and you are so brave for posting your embarrassing moments, although it made for great reading. Thanks for visiting my TT.

Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

Loved the story about Zachary! I have a female dog that will try to hump my guests if I don't keep a close eye on her. She's a little...confused. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 cracked me up. :)

Michelle Pillow, Author Blog
http://michellepillow.com/authorblog/

Blogger TeaMouse said...

Thanks for sharing - I'm sure they seemed worse at the time.

I once bake an entire pumpkin pie and didn't put any sugar in it - I never live that one down...lol!

Blogger Maven said...

Oh my....:)Great list!

Blogger Chelle said...

I love that you aren't afraid to admit your most embarrassing moments. This list cracked me up because I have probably had nine of them happen to me as well, including the pantyhose in the dress bit.

Blogger Dane Bramage said...

You are very brave. And Zachary must have liked your date to mark him as his territory!

Thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen #36; 13 Things about the Book Trucker's Tales. My friend Scott appreciates it too! Where did you hear about his book in the blogosphere? He would be interested to know.

Blogger JAM said...

Funny list, brave too. I'll have to use this idea. I have a terrible time thinking up interesting T13s.

Lovely Wife initially thought I had potential because her little white poodle fell in love with me the firts time I visited her home and met her family. Past dates had not met with Dixie's (the poodle) approval.

Blogger Baba said...

Your TT list is great reading material....Thanks for coming over to visit my blog site today.. Happy Easter.... Baba

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for Zachary! LOL!

Blogger Jen said...

Awesome list!! Thank you so much for sharing! =)

Similar to your #9 - I had my date & his parents over for dinner - and it was the first time I had cooked in my oven in my apartment (even though I had lived there for months and months). I was going to impress them with this awesome "homemade" frozen lasagne - hehe - but the heating element in the oven was broken! Even though I had the darn thing on the right temp - it never even defrosted the lasagne! So embarrassing! =)

Blogger Lady G~ said...

Very creative idea to do a list of embarrassing moments. We all have those. Laughter is a good medicine.

The taffy struck a cord. A couple of weeks into our marriage, I decided to try and bake homemade biscuits. My family is Cuban/Panamanian. We don't bake much. So I thought baking soda and baking powder can't be that different... I was wrong. LOL! We had hockey pucks. My poor Knight ate one, even thought I told him it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he didn't. We laughed about my little mishap.

Blogger Robin said...

That's a great list - good for you for being able to laugh at yourself, and in public at that.

So how good a judge of character was Zachary?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it. The one about the black and navy shoes is my favorite. Good for you wearing them anyway.

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Happy Easter!

Blogger Maureen said...

That was such a cute list! Thanks for sharing your "moments". I don't know if I could list some of mine - there's just some things best forgotten ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home