April 11, 2007
Thursday Thirteen Edition #8

Thirteen things that creep Mitchypoo out!!

  1. Drunks. They scare me. It always has and there is no reason for it. But I remember when I was really young and I could be sitting in the back of a car and if I saw a drunk walking down the street I'd freak out, make everyone lock the doors.
  2. Hacking. Coughing is one thing but if you hear fluids moving, oh lord. This comes from my ex hubby. He had a nervous habit and when he was up to no good he would hack, cough. It was a nervous habit and I just can not tolerate it even to this day.
  3. Hankerchiefs. Ewwwww. It's very gentlemanly, if there is a man who offers you a hankie. I've seen Dr.Phil do it often on his show and that is fine if it's a brand new clean one. But face it, that is just gross. You blow your snot in there and then what? Stick it in your pocket....give your snot back to gross...
  4. Open wounds on animals. I realized that I can not watch Animal Rescue because it's gross and makes me cry, but if it's a person, I have no problem with it. I can watch them open up a chest, insert a chest tube, surgeries or whatever and it fascinates me. I once watched a breast reduction surgery and it was intriguing. I think I care more about animals than people sometimes.
  5. Pee... I have to deal with urinals sometimes, portable ones because of my brother and I hate it.
  6. Innards. Especially watching people eat things like livers and kidneys. Ewww. I am fairly adventurous when it comes to food but I don't do innards.
  7. Sanjaya...sorry but he's just creepy. That sideways glance he gives the camera...Gag.
  8. Trolls. They are just creepy looking. I don't think they are cute when people put them in their yards.
  9. Needles. I can't watch the needle go in my arm, it makes me feel faint, but once it is in, it doesn't bother me.
  10. Wheelchairs near water. I used to have a fear of my brother falling from a pier. It gives me anxiety to think of it.
  11. Maggots. Need I say more? The word is even creepy.
  12. Mold. If I find something growing in the fridge, I'll throw the whole thing out WITH the container. And I don't like to breathe near anything that is moldy.
  13. The movie The Shining.....redrum....redrum...

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels:






15 Comments:

Blogger HomeSchool Mommy said...

Okay...I don't watch American Idol (except during the funny try-out period each season) and I've never seen The Shining, but I completely agree with all the rest!!!

Blogger Marie said...

SANJAYA!!! aaaah who doesn't find him creepy!!! is he still on? oh my!!!! great list this week! made me think about stuff that grosses me out, as well!

Blogger Raggedy said...

I don't watch tele so when I read the comments I figured out who he is. I have seen the name on many blogs and I thought it was a she by the name.
Creepy list.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Blogger Chelle said...

I agree, handkerchiefs, eewwww! My dad keep one in his pocket and eewww, just, eewww.

Blogger Jen said...

Ooooo good list! I have to agree with you on pretty much all of them! Needles make me want to pass out too!

Happy TT!

Blogger JAM said...

I'm right there with ya on most of these. I am, however, a handkerchief carrying man. I never use it to blow my nose. I just keep one because my dad did, and every once in a while I'll need it for something. Wierd, but true.

Those animal rescue shows break my heart. I cannot watch them.

My Sis In Law is in a wheelchair. It forever changes how you view the world. I cannot walk in any building, store, park, or whatever without seeing if it is accessible and safe for someone in a wheelchair.

Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, now that is some list. Most of it I was saying to myself....Ewww!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, all those things are gross. Sanjaya makes me cringe, I can't believe he's still in it.
I've workied in restaurants, and the worst thing was this cashier who hacked. Used to make us sick.Anmial rescue breaks my heart to see animals neglected, I can't watch it either.
Have a great Thursday!

Blogger Carrie said...

thanks to your list i am all completely skeeved out. although back in my college days, i may have often been that drunk person that creeped you out. sorry.

Blogger Maven said...

I hear ya on the maggot thing! Ever hear of botflies? You should go to YouTube and query "botfly." Oh lordy, I think this will surpass maggots in creepiness. I wonder how wound care patients stand it, if they have maggot therapy... some places actually use maggots to eat away necrotic flesh in open wounds. It's amazing and vomit-inducingly creepy all at once...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this list definitely creeped me out. LOL! Funny too how stuff that bothered us as kids can linger even when we're old enough to rationalize it away.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Blogger Jennfactor 10 said...

I am creeped out by TV sign-offs. They are harder to find in the modern age of infomercials, but that makes coming across one even worse!
Happy TT!

Blogger Janet said...

My father carries (and uses) a hankerchief, and eeeeeuuuu, it grosses me out so bad!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My father uses a handkerchief too. Ugg! Too gross for words. Great TT list. Happy Friday!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mowgli-Sanjaya doesn't scare me nearly as much as Cue ball-Phil

Thanks for stopping by my spot on the web

Post a Comment

<< Home