May 10, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #12


Thirteen things about Mamacita!
In honor of Mother's Day!
  1. She is the youngest of 8 kids.
  2. She is the only one of her siblings who moved from their home state of Minnesota. That's my Father's fault. She came out to CA because her brother was in the Navy and very ill.
  3. She use to play the accordion!
  4. She cannot hold a tune. In school when in choir they use to tell her, "Anne Marie, you just mouth the words". She laughs about it.
  5. She has beautiful hands and nails.
  6. She is one of those people who you meet and end up telling her your whole life story. A fact that I tease her about.
  7. She hates to fly. But she's better about it and does it anyway.
  8. She has a quirky sense of humor. I guess that's where I got it.
  9. She cannot smell. She lost the ability to smell after a sinus infection.
  10. She won a car on Let's Make a Deal and got to kiss Monty Hall!
  11. She can speak a version of English/German. Her mother spoke German and she grew up speaking like this.
  12. She's a very good and loving Mother. She's dedicated and loyal. And she is loved much by Mitchypoo and Gary.
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


Labels:






24 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That's a nice list! I wish my mom and I were closer. I'm hoping one of my kids will do a TT on me when they get older!!

Blogger The Rock Chick said...

What a great list! I'm sure your mamacita knows how much she is loved. How cool would it be to win a car on a game show AND kiss Monty Hall! WOW!! What a great story!!

Jessica The Rock Chick

Blogger Swazzy Gal said...

That's a great list. I hate to fly too, I'd like to know the secret to being able to do it anyway! :D

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely list!

Blogger Special K ~Toni said...

That was a really sweet TT! Thanks for visiting mine!

Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Lovely list! Happy TT!

Blogger Marie said...

you have a very lovely mom!!! and an interesting one, too!!! you are so lucky to have a mom like her!!!! you have lots to be thankful!!

Neat list; you come from good stock, Mitchypoo.

Happy TT!

Blogger Lori said...

Mothers are awesome!!

Blogger Mercy's Maid said...

She sounds like an amazing person!

I had no idea one could lose their sense of smell from a sinus infection!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful mama. My MIL is the oldest of 8 kids ;)

Blogger Tink said...

Wonderful tribute to a wonderful mom! I lost my mom last year, so Mother's Day will be different..
Thanks for visiting my food TT!

Blogger G.P. said...

very nice acknowledgements methinks

Thanx for stopping by the inn :)

GP in Montana

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great TT list. It would be so cool to win a car on a tv show! Thanks for visiting my TT. Happy Thursday!

Blogger Kristina Knight said...

That is a great TT topic...especially heading into Mother's Day...and it's obvious you really love your mom! Hope you and she get to spend some time together this weekend...

Happy TT!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you sent her the link. I'm so going to steal this meme from you to use as a mother's day tribute for my mom. These are the kinds of things everyone should say and never do.

Wonderful tribute to your Mamacita for Mother's Day. :) Cool that she speaks a version of English/German. My human grandparents on my mom's side speak "Franglais" - a combination of French and English!

Blogger Nyla said...

This is a beautifully sweet list in honor of mamacita! Thanks for reading my list!

Blogger Homemom3 said...

Such a lovely list. Love that she can speak two languages. Are you fluent in german as well?

Blogger TeaMouse said...

A nice posting - you have a wonderful mamacita!

Blogger Becka said...

Aw, great list! LOL at "mouthing the words" in the school choir. LOL

~~Becka

Blogger Cora Zane said...

What a wonderful list! Your mama sounds like a truly amazing person. :)

Blogger Cinnamon Girl said...

Great list! I would hate losing my smellability =(

Blogger Jen said...

Wow - I didn't know you could loose your smell after a bad sinus infection! Your Mom sounds so wonderful!!

Post a Comment

<< Home