June 14, 2007
Thursday Thirteen Edition #17

Thirteen Things about Mitchypoo!
  1. I love pearls. I love them because they come from the sea and are one of God's gifts. I have a set of potato pearls, white cultured pearls, black cultured pearls, a pearl ring and a black pearl drop pendant for my strands.
  2. I cannot say the words "smoked oyster". It just never comes out of my mouth right. I can say them separately, forwards or backwards, but not together.
  3. When I was in elementary school a so called friend and her older sister called the police department and said they were killing me in their kitchen, complete with screaming noises for affect. They scared my poor Grandmother to death showing up looking for me and taking off to try and find me. I was walking home from school and was so embarrassed when they stopped and asked my name and made me get in the car while my friends laughed at me and wondered what I did.
  4. I use to be a high jumper in grade school and was quite good at it. I went to a meet one time and remember seeing Dwight Stones. My coach told me if I continued I could qualify for the women's Olympic team someday. I wish I had continued. My mom just told me that I won the gold medal at said meeting where I saw Dwight Stones and it was my first competition.
  5. I cut the tip of my middle finger off and they were able to reattach it. It happened when I was 12.
  6. I broke my pinky toe by hitting a juniper stump while going to feed the chickens in Oregon one day. I am not kidding! I was really pissed because I had been complaining to the then hubby to remove that stump. He promptly did it after a trip to the emergency room.
  7. I once dated a guy who went by the name Ragnar, he was a Viking re-enactor. There is no accounting for taste. But he was absolutely gorgeous!
  8. I was once a Mary Kay representative...
  9. I have met Kim Novak. The older film star who was in The Birds. She lived in the dinky town I lived in in Oregon. She may still live there. She was married to a retired veterinarian and they were having some work done on their home, of which my hubby was in construction and worked on her home. She was very nice to him and to me when I met her. Her house was beautiful and they had a huge barn and they raised Alpacas. She allowed them to be in her house. She had a regular persona and a Kim Novak persona. She must have been in her mid 60's when I met her and she was still movie star beautiful.
  10. I have seen Prince's purple house in MN. He lived near my cousin.
  11. I was once a contestant in a Beauty Contest. I did not place.
  12. I've always been a care-taker.
  13. I use to have janitors at school hold stray dogs and then I'd tell my parents that they followed me on the way home from school. This entry is courtesy of Mamacita! I have always been a sucker for animals.

** I don't know why some of your dropped off my Mr.Linky below, feel free to add your info again.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



Labels:






15 Comments:

Blogger Crimson Wife said...

Dumb question- what are "potato pearls"?

Ragnar the gorgeous Viking sounds like a trashy romance novel, LOL!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet Prince's house was just strange, lol

Happy T13!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy TT! Broken finger and cut off tip---poor hands!

Michelle and Mandy

Blogger Erin the Innocent said...

I want to see Prince's house! :)

Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

Wowy - you gots to see a purple house?!

Blogger Anitha said...

Get to know Mitchypoo in 13 ways! High jumper once ay? Am afraid of heights!

Blogger Becka said...

I'm surprised those kids who pranked the cops didn't get in heaps of trouble!

Great list!

~~Becka
http://beckasbabble.blogspot.com

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Oh Becka, they did get in trouble. It was a criminal case and I had to go to school with the girl all thru high school but she never would even look at me again.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list! Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

WOW, those are interesting facts...and COOL about Prince's house!!

Blogger Perri Nelson said...

Thanks for the visit!

I hope someday you get over that speech impediment. I just love smoked oysters. :-)

Blogger Mimi said...

I had no idea that Prince's house was purple, I need a purple house! Heck, I just need a house, lol. Happy TT :)

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Geesh what mean lil BRATS err I mean KIDS. I can not believe they did that!

Mary Kay huh? I am a Mary Kay addict myself.

Linda

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did almost the same thing with my finger when I was 7. And I didn't know Prince had a purple house either. Very cool TT. Happy Friday!

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

When I was in 7th grade, my friends and I decided to practice blood curdling screams on the playground in case we ever needed to use one in real life. I guess we put the principal into near heart failure,
Li

Post a Comment

<< Home