July 26, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #23




Thirteen things on Mitchypoo's mind...

  1. Trying to keep motivated to get to the gym 3x a week, tonight I go again.
  2. I really hate the gyms sales tactics and not sure I can get past that and consider signing up, may have to find another gym.
  3. If you read my previous post you'll understand my frustration with the gym. And do you know a guy called me AGAIN yesterday after work. I really gave it to him, but calmly and the dude had the nerve to tell me that he'd appreciate it if I didn't yell at him (which I wasn't), I said, "WHAT did you just say to me?" and then I asked for the manager and I have no confidence this will stop although he told me it would. I may have to complain to the corporate office.
  4. I'm worried and concerned for my cousin who is having a hard time. Prayers for her.
  5. I'm starting to take Usana Essentials again as a dietary supplement and I'm so glad because they make me feel better.
  6. I really like my hair curly. It's very simple to wash, put some goo in it, scrunch, diffuse and go! And people keep complimenting me.
  7. I love leather couches! Our new double-reclining merlot colored couch is so comfy and comfortable.
  8. I had to wake up twice last night to go potty. I know, TMI, but I'm happy cuz it means I'm losing weight again.
  9. My food has been really good, no fast food since I saw Super Size Me and I'm really working on eating healthy.
  10. I'm hoping to meet my best bud tonight for a knit night. We've been trying to meet for this for weeks.
  11. I love Proactiv, not to sound like a commercial but the stuff really works for me.
  12. The one good thing about working in an office is that I'm cool all day, I don't have to suffer the heat and humidity.
  13. One of life's simple pleasures is fresh watermelon and the other fruits available right now. You cannot duplicate fresh food.


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!






Labels:






7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on your weight loss. I am in desperate need to lose a few pounds. I just don't have the mojo for it these days.

Blogger Holly said...

I use ProActiv, too, and really like it so far. And I'm with you on the leather furniture. So comfy.

Good Luck with the weight loss! :)

Blogger Penny said...

Good luck with your weight loss! You can do it!

I love fresh fruit as well! There is nothing like it.

Happy TTing!

Blogger Perri Nelson said...

My problem with "Super Size Me" is that the guy actually ate more than he usually did, and also stopped his exercise at the same time, which contributed to his weight gain.

Which still doesn't say that eating fast food all the time is good for you. It isn't.

Blogger Jean Bauhaus said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you did -- looks like we have a lot in common. I'll have to keep my eye on your blog from now on. :)

Blogger MsSnarkyPants said...

Oh I hate pushy sales people! And I hate that you have to sign your life away to join must gyms. I think it's just crazy.

Blogger Carol said...

I hate it when gyms do that. I loved my independant owner gym. Then they got bought out by one of the big chains. Not so happy anymore. For what it's worth, I did pay for a personal trainer for a few sessions and found it imensely useful for setting up a routine that I can continue without him. In order to lose weight, it's important to work out at the maxximum intensity you rbody can stand. What that actually means is watch you rheart rate. Most of those treadmills etc at the gym have a heart rate monitor. You want to take 220 minus your age as your top heart rate and 60% of that as your target during the workout. Hope this is helpful and next time the bozos call, just hang up on them. If they can't get the message, then too bad for them.

Post a Comment

<< Home