August 24, 2007
Happy Weekend

Mamacita and I went to dinner yesterday night at a Japanese Restaurant not too far from our house. I think I've been looking at the place for 2 years now thinking, huh, we'll have to try that place. It's small and not fancy, but there are always cars there, it's not packed, but busy. So we had hot sake which Mamacita had never had and she liked it. I like sake too. She had tempura and teriyaki beef but she was concerned about it being too sweet so the waiter suggested she have the sauce on the side. It was the best teriyaki beef I've ever had, it was a real tender cut of beef, not cooked to death, and the sauce was not too sweet but really nice flavor. I had the tempura and vegetables and I too thought the quality and freshness was excellent. We've found a new place!

Today I was doing fine and about 10 a.m. a migraine hit me. I felt it coming on so I took Excedrin Migraine and i also put on Aveda Blue Oil. I put it on my temples and on the back of my neck. But it just kept getting worse, I got nauseous and the light started bothering me. And, I bled through (I know, TMI, but whatever) and I was so uncomfortable. So I went home at lunch. I ended up trying to just rest, but I fell asleep for awhile and although the migraine is gone, i feel like I have a hangover now. My boss told me she's started taking Midol w/Ibuprofen during her periods and it's helping so I'll give it a try next time.

My boss asked me if I'd make a baby ensemble with a blanket, sweater, hat and booties and how much.... Well, I don't know what to do. I don't think I can get it all done and I don't know what to charge her. So I'm thinking of making a baby blanket and see if she likes it. She wants it in September or the baby is due in December. And I want to get the prayer shawl done and then I really want to finish MS3 because I saw a finished one and it's unbelievably gorgeous! So much knitting and too little time.

I'm reading a really good book called 'such a pretty girl' by Laura Weiss. It's kind of a tough read because you can get so angry at some of the characters, but it's a good read too.

I'll leave you with a picture of the beautiful pineapple upside down cake that Mamacita made for the lucky dogs she works with! I was told it tasted as good as it looked. Isn't it pretty! ?

Have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Davis-O'Malley said...

I love it when places that you pass by for so long end up being good. But then you think, why didn't we do that before? We did that last year with this little Italian place in East Boston (we drive by it every day on the way to and from work) and it was terrific. Haven't been there in a little while, but it was just terrific. (Zafferano's)

Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

The ago old question - what to charge someone for your knitting. Hand knitting is priceless, you can never recover a working wage. I agreed to make a shawl for someone at work, she bought the yarn and insisted on adding something for the work. $50 was a token, but I enjoyed making the project for someone who I knew would enjoy it. I think it took 10 hours.

Yummy looking cake.

Li

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Men don't know how easy they got it!

Post a Comment

<< Home