September 12, 2007

I received an order in the mail yesterday for some beauty items and while opening the package realized that I think they made a mistake and shipped me 2 of 1 item instead of the one I ordered. I was pretty sure it wasn't a 2 for 1 sale and the item was over $20. so I called the company and told them. It was a weird exchange. They asked what I wanted to do. I said I'd send it back but I didn't want to pay postage, they said it cost them more than the item to arrange a pick up. It was evident that they wanted me to pay for the 2nd misshipped item but why should I have to do that? She then said, kind of exasperated, just keep the item. I feel a little funny about this. I feel like it should be returned but then I feel that I tried to resolve it and why should I have to spend another $20. plus dollars because they messed up my order? Well, I gave the item to Mamacita and I'm going to try and not worry about it anymore.

I'm working on an entrelac scarf and think I'm going to give it to my female boss because the colors remind me of her. It'll be a Christmas gift. I got the yarn from a crafts store that I haven't been to in a long while and I must say I'm quite impressed with their selection of yarns and supplies. I believe the demand is evident and they are listening. There are some really nice yarn choices now and I love that. I'm using Patons SWS which is a new yarn to me, but a new favorite! And Creative Knitting mag has a pattern for a nice sweater in this very yarn. I really like this Cables and Lace Jacket although I think the striping would be hard to match up as shown in this pic. But they have solid colors and kind of heathered yarns and it would be pretty made up in that. But I need another project like I need a hole in the head! So I will control myself.

I'm having trouble getting to know my SP11 receiver. She doesn't post much and I'm just a little stuck. And it's difficult because I have the nicest SP11 pal who is already doing a good job of spoiling me! She's motivated me to keep trying with my pal.

Labels:






3 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

that happened to me once, I was sent 3 balls of Rowan Plaid Sea Thistle instead of 3 balls of Seagull. I phoned the company who said straight away it was their fault so to keep the wrong balls and they would send out the right ones. I ended up ordering another 4 balls in the sea thistle to make the Bulky Cable Cardigan from Glampyre as I liked the colour so much. I could have just make hat or something from the 3 balls but it was on sale anyway. I wouldn't feel bad it was their mistake, so why should it cost you.

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

It's not your fault that they made an error so you should not have to pay for it.

Blogger Tori said...

You shouldn't feel bad. It was in poor taste (not too mention poor customer service) to even give you the idea that you should pay for their mistake. You did the right thing passing it on to Mamacita. We all make mistakes, and if I ever get the chance to make one that benefits your Mamacita I'd be happy to make it :-)!

Post a Comment

<< Home