October 10, 2007
I make sure my food and beverages contribute to my vibrant health.

I like today's affirmation because I am very conscious of my food decisions and I am eating healthy and I'm so happy about it. I'm not saying I'm doing it all right, I still sometimes want what I want, but my diet has improved so much in the last months. And now being on Weight Watchers, well I'm so happy about it and having the benefit of losing the weight too.

You might be proud of me, I sure am, because I usually have candy on my desk for clients and my boss is a chocoholic, but I am not touching it! And with Halloween coming up, well our WW leader made a good point. I may want it, but truth is, there will still be candy left in the world, I don't have to have it now, when I want it, it'll still be available.

I'm working on the exercise too but having some health issues that I don't want to discuss right now. It's still important for me to try.

I just saw Jessica Seinfeld on the Oprah show and I'm so intrigued with her book, Deceptively Delicious. I must have it. Her focus was on getting her kids to eat their vegetables which I am sure is hard to do. But I was so impressed with the concept and idea of pureeing fruit and veggies and using it in your daily recipes. The concept is genious and I want the cookbook because the recipes look good and are mostly low fat, high fiber and healthy and that can only help in my struggle. I am trying to get it on ebay but not willing to pay more than amazon so i've lost an auction and it seems that it's back ordered anyway due to the Oprah effect. But it's on my wish list for sure! If you can see that Oprah show, watch it, it's great.

I'm jonesing for the next Secret of the Stole hint that isn't coming out until this Friday. Maybe I won't finish it over the weekend so that I don't have to wait so long til the next hint. I'm working on a prayer shawl for my Mamacita in the meantime at night and working on a pair of socks during lunch time.

Labels: ,






1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Snip said...

I watched that Oprah too. I am horrible at eating veggies, let alone feeding them to my kids. I am a huge researcher, so I got right online and looked up the new book, and found that there is also another book out filled with recipes with the exact same idea. In fact people are conflicting over Jessica Seinfeld stating that it was her idea, when this other woman has been promoting the same idea for months. It really doesn't matter, but you might want to check that book too. It is called the sneaky chef. I have heard that the recipes in the sneaky chef are better, but who knows. Either way I think it is great. I can't wait to hear what you think after you try some!

Post a Comment

<< Home