December 8, 2007
My gift to you!

Mamacita made a yummy cookie today! We call them Monster Cookies and the recipe is from my Aunt Angie in Minnesota. Aren't they pretty?!

So my gift to you today is the recipe! And if you are a Weight Watcher, they are 4 points each! But worth it if you can fit it in.


Monster Cookies

POINTS® Value: 4 Servings: 74

Ingredients
6 large egg(s)
2 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, with salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup unsalted butter, (OK to use salted butter)
2 cup sugar
2 cup unpacked brown sugar
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
4 tsp baking soda
9 cup Quaker Oats Quick Oats Cereal
1 bag M&M's Plain M&M's, Use Red & Green for the Holidays!
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Instructions

In a very large bowl, mix all ingredients in the order given. Drop on ungreased cookie sheets with a 2" ice cream scoop. Take a flat bottom glass and flatten them down before baking. Bake for 11-12 minutes at 350. Do not over bake. Makes 6 dozen large cookies. They like to burn easily, so watch after 10 minutes and adjust accordingly. Remove from oven, let them sit for a couple minutes before removing them.

Looky what the mailman brought me today! This is my black walnut yarn and I think I'll have to rename it as the phantom yarn. Because in this pic you see beautiful shades of maroon and red, right? But in real life it is browns and blacks and I do not see any red, wine, maroon, etc. It's still really beautiful yarn and I am trying to control myself and not start another pair of socks. I have so many projects on the needles and I'm working on my own sock pattern that I'm hoping to submit to someone who is starting an online mag. I let you know the details as soon as I do. She asked if I'd contribute and I'm so honored and excited to do so. And I can't wait to show you my pattern! There's so many good things going on right now!And here's my cow Tom in his cat bed. The life of a cat. If I had a choice, I'd love to come back in life as a pampered cat. I mean really, you just eat and sleep all day!

Labels: , ,






2 Comments:

Blogger shopgirl said...

that is beautiful yarn. What is the name of it?

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

shopgirl, it is Claudia Hand Paints in Black Walnut. I found it on ebay, I don't think they have anymore of this color.

Post a Comment

<< Home