December 13, 2007
Thursday Thirteen #38

Thirteen things about Christmas that Mitchypoo loves!

  1. Christmas carols, music. Tra la la! It's just cheery and it makes me feel good.

  2. People are festive and decorate their houses with bright shiny things!

  3. It tends to bring out the child in you. People wear funny hats to give out presents, people sing and act goofy. It gives you an excuse to be a goof.

  4. Egg nog! I love egg nog even though it's not exactly good for you or health conscious. But I'll have mine hot and with some whiskey in it, thank you!

  5. Tamales. It's the only time we really eat them, unless someone we know makes them at another time during the year. They are so good!

  6. The Christmas Tree. It's so beautiful in the house, with the lights low and the Christmas lights on and the angel on top. So festive and pretty.

  7. People are sentimental. I like how it usually brings out the best in people. They go out of their way to make someone else happy. Or they get so excited to find just the right gift for someone and delight in watching them open it.

  8. You get to be with family. In our busy hustle bustle lives, sometimes we don't get to spend as much time as we want with family but over the holidays we get more time together.

  9. Time for reflection. Time to think of why we really celebrate Christmas or the holidays and what it means to us. And being at the end of the year it makes you think of your past year and what you want in the coming year.

  10. You get to write out a wish list and tell people what you would really like to receive! How cool is that!
  11. Peanut brittle! It's the only time of the year that we make it and it doesn't feel like Christmas without it.
  12. Seeing snow and winterscapes. It's pretty and all....but I'll pass on living in it! I'm a CA girl thru and thru.
  13. Watching children, how excited they get when they have a present to unwrap and then they rip open the box and have to play with it.........NOW!! I love the look on their faces when they are in awe of something and so excited they don't know what to do with themselves!


Labels: ,






19 Comments:

I love the christmas song!!!!

Happy TT!!! I've never had tamale! :(

Blogger ellen b. said...

All great reasons to enjoy Christmas! happy tt to you...

Blogger Sandee said...

All great reasons to love Christmas. Have a great TT. :)

Blogger jenn said...

What a wonderful post.
Happy tt!

Blogger Shesawriter said...

My favorite Christmas thingie is seeing which family member will wind up with the fruitcake this year. LOL!

Happy TT!

My Thursday Thirteen is: 13 of the sexiest and/or most romantic love scene clips on film.

Blogger Nicholas said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Blogger Lindsay said...

I had a hard time reading your post because I was totally singing with Elvis to Blue Christmas!

Great post but even BETTER MUSIC!

Blogger Head Gaggler said...

Great list. I love peanut brittle and my hubby has been drinking egg nog for a month already.

Blogger SandyCarlson said...

It's all so true! I especially like the joy on a child's face. And all the goodies that we never see any other time of the year!

Blogger Natalie said...

What a fun, upbeat list!

My T13 post is up, come check it out if you get a chance. :)

Blogger SJ Reidhead said...

MY TT is the exact opposite of yours!

The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Blogger damozel said...

Tamales, eggnog, and peanut brittle! That's like a PERFECT Christmas Eve meal!

Have a lovely Christmas!The Flatland Almanack --Damozel

Blogger *Rae* said...

I love egg nog with a lil whiskey but never tried it warm I may certainly have to try that great list Happy TT & Happy Holidays

Blogger DEHausfrau said...

#4 - I went to a cookie swap last night and knew I had to bring some 'Nog with me. Unfortunately, the church doesn't let us have alcohol in the meeting rom so no booze. I'll jut have to wait for Christmas Day at my aunts.

Thanks for sharing. Check me out if you get a chance. Happy TT!

Blogger DEHausfrau said...

Typed my link wrong, I should turn on a light in here. Check me out if you get a chance. Happy TT again!

Blogger My Busy Life said...

Great list!
I totally agree with #13
My TT is up too.

Blogger Holly said...

I'm with you except for the egg nog - I don't like it at ALL! So, there will be my portion for you to have, right?

Thanks!

Happy TT-13!

Smiles,

Holly
http://theabundanceplace.com

Mmmm. Tamales. They are too good to save for only once a year. But I agree: they are best when homemade.

Happy TT!

Blogger Dane Bramage said...

I love the music and homemade egg nog (sans booze). These are all great things to love about Christmas.
My T13 #60: 13 Things I Want for Christmas But Will Never Get is up. Stop by and find out what the favorite item is!

Post a Comment

<< Home