December 26, 2007
A Very Merry Christmas!


Before the destruction ensued.














We put the tamales on the stove to steam while we opened gifts. Then I made a pot of Jingle Bell Java with the beans that my Coffee Swap pal Janice sent and that was good coffee. We also opened a bottle of champagne and put a sliced peach in each glass.





Here's Mamacita looking at her very own cookbook that I put together for her with a lot of her favorite recipes. This was the project I worked on because I had a deadline to get it in time for Christmas. Mamacita said it was the greatest present she ever got. I am so impressed with this company and it's what I've been looking for for Mom. Her copy has 57 of her recipes and each book you purchase you can add 100 recipes. The quality of the book is really nice. Check it out at Tastebook.
Do you think Gary got a lot of gifts?











Here's some of the aftermath and Gary got a beer making kit! He's making beer next weekend!










Tommy made himself comfortable on the wrappings.
























I love this kind of mess! Santa was really generous!










And this was our Christmas dinner! Mamacita outdid herself again. We had the perfect prime rib, cooked to perfection, crisp on the outside and medium rare on the inside.







She also made us twice baked gorgonzola baked potatoes, corn and wheat rolls and a lovely Napa Valley Cuvee Cabernet Sauvignon.
We really missed Dad again this Christmas but we talked about him a lot and knew how happy he would be about the great Christmas that we had.
Christmas Eve we made our trip to my Aunt and Uncle's and we had a lot of fun. There were about 17 of us there and we had a Bad Santa Exchange that was fun and then some regular gift openings. Great food, I enjoyed seeing everyone and someone I hadn't seen in years, Annie. She is my cousin's ex-sil, long story but I hadn't seen her in about 15 years so it was great to catch up.
Then Christmas day was exactly what I had hoped for. I stayed in my jammies all day after gift opening. The whole Christmas morning was really special. Then we had our tamales for breakfast and then we played with our new toys. Santa was really nice to me. I got an ipod nano in a cool turquoise color and I just love it. I've been busy downloading podcasts and my new CD by Amy Winehouse, Frank. I also got a spa set, a wallet, Chanel No. 5 perfume, Lamb L Perfume by Gwen Stefani, 2 flannel nightgowns (flannel is my favorite!) and a cashmina robe! There was also a Meditations for Women who Knit Too Much by the Yarn Harlot, a Cat Encyclopedia, a Book all about Christmas including history, recipes, craft ideas, you name it. I got a really cool silver and turquoise ring that is just a work of art, I tried to take pics, but they didn't come out good, so I'll try again, you just have to see it, it's amazing. There was much more and I'm very blessed.
I couldn't help but be a little glad that all the hoopla is now over. But I'm already planning what I want to do for next year!

Labels: , ,






2 Comments:

Blogger storyteller said...

TAMALES!!!!! I'm missing my sister this morning because if she and her husband weren't traveling the USA in their 5th wheel (currently in Georgia) she and I would be making tamales today or tomorrow to give away to friends for the New Years (and, of course, enjoying ourselves). Did I mention that I love homemade tamales?
Hugs and blessings,

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

I wish I could share with you! They are really good too!

Post a Comment

<< Home