January 14, 2008
I forgive everything and everyone, including myself.

I really like today's affirmation. It's great to have it on a Monday too. Monday is a new beginning. Do you have things that come up in your brain, that you feel ashamed about, or still hurt you? I do and then I realize that it's over and done with and I don't have to let it affect me anymore. So today I forgive.

I was suppose to have a busy fun weekend, going to a trade show Saturday during the day and then a Ladies Night Out that evening, but everything was cancelled for various reasons so I ended up home doing a whole lot of nothing. Which is OK sometimes too. I had a nice nap Saturday afternoon and did some knitting and read until 2 a.m. Sunday we went to the mall, and had a bite to eat. Shopping wasn't so fun, because I'm not spending money right now. We went to Steve and Barry's, I wanted to see Sarah Jessica Parker's line Bitten. I saw it on Oprah and wanted to see the quality. I was a bit underwhelmed. They didn't have any of the suit jacket or pants and no coats, I wanted to see the black watch plaid jacket I saw on TV, but they had none. I'll try another store at another mall and go early so it isn't all picked over.

I ended up frogging my first attempt at the Firestarter socks, they called for a US2 and they were huge on me. Too long and too wide. So I redid them in a US1 and now I love them. I'm ready to turn the first heel. I really enjoy this pattern, can't wait to finish them and maybe knit the same pattern in a solid aqua Lorna's Laces yarn. I also have a neon green that I think would be lovely.

I started walking at lunch last week! It's not such a big deal, it's only been 15 or 20 minutes of walking but then it is a HUGE deal because the whole issue of exercising has been a challenge for me. It sometimes gives me anxiety, which isn't fun and I've had issues with it. Almost like a phobia. So I took a baby step and I succeeded. And I did not get anxiety. That's a huge plus. And I intend to go again today at lunch. It seems to work, I walk, come back and have my lunch and then I have energy in the afternoon and feel a sense of accomplishment. And another benefit is that I earn points on WW, even with 15 or 20 minutes of low intensity walking and that means I can eat more points, if I need to. A win win situation.

My find of the day: Jewelry made out of recycled knitting needles! Now, don't go buy all my stuff because I don't get paid until tomorrow.

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

Congratulations on your very fine baby steps! I need to get a walk in, too.

I saw your "52 days till your birthday" and thought "hmmm, my birthday's in March, too". Got my calendar out and I think I landed on March 9 for your birthday. Mine is March 18. Pisces girls rock!

Blogger FuguesStateKnits said...

Congratulations! Walking is so much fun. Just think: pretty much everyone has to do it - and it really will make a difference over time - it did for me. After a while you'll realize that you have more strength and energy. It's a subtle difference, but terrific! Like you, I have an aversion to hot and sweaty exercise for exercise's sake. I don't mind it if I'm going somewhere, but the treadmill thing makes me crazy, LOL! Plus I really really look scary awful in those cute little exercise outfits those skinny women (LIKE YOU:)) wear, LOL!
Go for it!
Joan your SP11 pal:)

Blogger Mitchypoo said...

Like me???!!! HA!! Too funny Joan!

Post a Comment

<< Home