January 2, 2008
Thursday Thirteen #41


January 2 is the 1 Year Anniversary of us losing my sweet baby Simba.

Thirteen things about my beloved Simba that Mitchypoo misses.


1. She lived for 14.5 years. She was raised by me from 3 days old. She was like my baby.



2.She was like a little mother. She mothered this pink pig. It was her baby.



  1. 3. She was a good watch dog. Very protective of me. Protective but not mean.



4. This was our Christmas card one year, I love this pic because she looks like she's smiling and I believe she did smile.



    5. This is on our trek from MN to CA. She was really good in the car. She slept a lot, and loved to look outside when she was awake.




    6. She was so pretty and she loved the farm. She would just sit there after making her rounds to make sure everythin was OK. Her coat was always quite shiny.

    7. This was one of her last days. She would just sit on my lap like a baby and want me to hold her and she'd just stare at me and want comforting. Poor baby.

    8. She would sleep with me in bed, often with her head on the pillow. She dreamed a lot and would move her legs like she was running.


    9. Her last Christmas with us and the day before she got sick.






10.She was a hugger. She would squeeze you.


11. I miss her so...
12. She'll always be in my heart.
13. There will never be another like her.



Labels: ,






8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I loved the pictures, thank you for sharing. We lost our dear Wacky Dog a year ago next month. This year has been very tough for our family, and for me, especially, because I was with him 24 hours a day. I still can't read the blog posts I wrote about him.

Blogger sandierpastures said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. You are right, there will be no other dog like her.

-Grace in Dubai-

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is tough when you lose a dog who was such a good companion. My best friend whom I was present at her birth, and have been around since is starting to have lots of health problems. She will leave me before I want her to.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's tough when you lose such a beloved companion. My sympathies to you.

Blogger Unknown said...

Losing a special companion is always rough. I love your holiday picture together though, very sweet and precious. A great list of memories for you.

Blogger Lisa said...

Its never easy to love a beloved family member. She will always be a part of you and your heart.

Thanks for such a heartfelt 13!

Blogger Joyismygoal said...

So sorry she is a very pretty dog

Blogger storyteller said...

This is a lovely tribute. I can so relate. I've had three dogs before Molly (who incidentally loves to lay in my lap as in photo #10) ... each lived to be 16 years old before passing on and even now (decades later) there are poignant moments where I miss each one. Photo #4 bears a striking resemblance to a picture a friend of mine had taken with HIS standard poodle years ago. I notice you're located in Southern California and wonder if the same photographer took both. Wouldn't THAT be a coincidence? LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Post a Comment

<< Home