January 24, 2008
Thursday Thirteen #44

Thirteen Things that Mitchypoo loves about Winter in California.
  1. The snow is about an hour away if I want to visit it.
  2. It's pretty when you see the snow topped mountains.
  3. My commute to work is not too treacherous because I don't live in the snowy areas.
  4. It doesn't last long, we'll have spring sprouting by March.
  5. It's an opportunity to wear our sweater,gloves, scarves and wool socks.
  6. It makes me want to make a nice pot of soup.
  7. The vibe is romantic, you just want to cuddle up and stay warm.
  8. It's great knitting weather.
  9. A great opportunity to enjoy a cup of tea, or hot chocolate or coffee.
  10. You don't have to worry about frost bite.
  11. You don't have to worry about if your car breaks down and freezing to death.
  12. If you are in the snow you can really enjoy it.
  13. There's a certain green smell after the rain.
http://thursdaythirteen.com/ the Thursday Thirteen code here!The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!http://technorati.com/tag/thursday+thirteen More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Labels:






13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so not fan of winter. Michigan is the wrong state for me to be livign in becuase I really could do with out it.

Blogger jenn said...

Winter here is brief, but cold!!

Happy tt!

Blogger jayedee said...

great list! happy tt!

Blogger Unknown said...

At this moment I might consider winter in CA....it is negative 10 degrees outside. I'll take a pot of soup though. Nice TT

Blogger pussreboots said...

I love the smell after a good rain. Hi from the other end of the state. Happy TT.

Blogger DrillerAA said...

Snow is a nice place to visit, but I don't want to live there. We have just enough to call it winter most years. I think some is coming to visit tomorrow.

Happy TT

Blogger Sandee said...

I'm in Central California so I can relate. Great list. Have a wonderful TT. :)

Blogger Nissa said...

That is a nice winter, indeed! Happy TT! Thanks for visiting me!

Oh nice list! I like your #7

Ahh, sounds like a wonderful season!

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll trade you winters anyday! It's cccold here in Canada.
Happy T13!

Blogger Forgetfulone said...

That's similar to winter here in Houston, except the snow isn't an hour away and we don't have the mountains. So, I guess it's not like Texas! LOL We get the back-and-forth cold, hot, warm, freezing, cool kinda weather.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say I share your enthusiasm for knitting, but other than that I have the same reasons for enjoying winter here in Florida. Except for #5. That never happens.

Post a Comment

<< Home