September 7, 2008
Happy Sunday!

Well, The Blog Cafe has shut down and they say they sent me an email to let me know to backup all the images but I didn't get it, I think they sent it to my work email which is why I never got it. And they deleted the photo images, which seems really rude, but whatever, so I got down to trying to create my own blog design and this is what I've come up with so far. I think I like it. But I still have a lot to do so bear with me.

We went to the chili cook off yesterday and it was a lot of fun. I went to work in the kitchen, helping to get stuff together and clean, etc. I knew it'd be a lot of work, but I also had a great time. My feet were killing me by the end of the night, and my back aching, but it was worth it. There were 11 chilis entered for judging and Mamacita was 3rd place winner! There was a 60/40 Mystery theme this year, so people dressed from the 40's or the 60's. There was a lot of tie dye and vests and bandanas and peace signs. It was groovy man! There were a few dressed in the 40's. It was fun.Some of the chilis that were entered.
The 3rd place winner~Mamacita! She won a really nice engraved medal and a pepper printed bag holder and other pepper related items. My BFF's hubby and daughter were the 1st place winners! I wish I could show you a pic, but I took a bunch of blurry, yuck pictures. I haven't figured out the trick to outside pics in the dark yet. They were adorable though and I'm happy they won.
Here are the Host and Hostess Janet & Mike, they are my BFF's aunt and uncle, and they kind of adopted me after being around the family for 25 years. The afro woman is a neighbor, she was really dressed up for the 60's and it was fun to see her but my goodness, she must have been so hot wearing that afro all evening.Here's my BFF and me having fun.

Ok, I had to take a pain pill for my back, so i'm sleepy time. Bye for now.

Labels:






1 Comments:

Blogger Jadielady said...

Ooh very pretty layout! I hope your back feels better soon. Its no fun having to weigh being functional with pain or taking something and crashing for a bit.

Post a Comment

<< Home