Mamacita took the day off work yesterday and we went to the County Fair. This list is 13 things I liked or enjoyed about the fair. If you'd like to participate in Thursday 13, please go here first.
- There was a nice breeze down there and it was not so ungodly hot. It was actually feeling warmer in some of the buildings.
- Pink's Hot Dogs! I couldn't believe it but they were down there. So I didn't have to go to the west side of town or wait in line for a long time. Had my Martha Stewart dog without onion or relish thank you!
- Loved the textile show, enjoyed seeing what others are doing. There was not a lot of knit items, and the ones I saw were not so great. I'm so entering next year and see how I fair.
- There were 2 pigs who had babies! One had 10 just this last Saturday and they were so cute! Another had 11 almost 2 weeks ago and they were double the size.
- I loved seeing the plumeria plants and they had an unusual dark pink color. Hard not to buy, but it was $30 for a starting.
- Loved smelling the barbecue. There was some huge companies there and the smell was intoxicating.
- Love to see the entries of vegetables. There were huge squash and interesting heirloom veggies. I wondered how many of the items wander off? Not that I'd do that, but I couldn't help but wonder.
- They had a wine bar! We were able to try a couple tastings of award winning wines which were very good. And then we enjoyed a full glass on the patio and took a break. It was nice.
- Rootbeer Freezes....yum!
- Love to see the odd things you can find by the vendors. There were weird mops and car washers, a doohicky you put on a aluminum can to make it like a screw top, a candle that does not use open flame, but a lightbulb, etc.
- Watkins. I'm sure there is a way to order online or whatever, but I like finding them at the fair and buying my vanilla, cinnamon and black pepper. Instant gratification.
- I bought a carry all. It's kind of goofy, but the thing is so cool too. It's like a wire frame with a large bag on it. It's light, it moves well, it doesn't topple over, it fits all kinds of stuff and I thought it'd be a lot more, so when she told me how much, which was at least half of what I was thinking, I bought it. Mamacita can use it for work because she has a little walk from her parking lot.
- Not sure how I made it out of the fair without ingesting something fried, but I did. I do so still love fried things. A new item I saw was individually fried potato chips. They looked good. I wanted a funnel cake too.